CyberFirst is a student scheme inspired and led by the National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) which aims to support and prepare undergraduates for a career in cyber security. NCSC partners with other government departments and selected industry to offer students £4,000 per year and paid cyber skills training to help you kick start a career in cyber security.
You will need to have (or expect to have) 3 ‘A’ levels in any subject at Grade B or above (or equivalent) and have an offer (or be applying) to study an Undergraduate Degree or Integrated Masters in any subject at a UK University from September 2024.
Already be studying an Undergraduate Degree or Integrated Masters in any subject at a UK University, with a minimum of 2 years of full time study remaining from September 2024 and have (or expect to have) attained a minimum 2:1 equivalent at the end of academic year 2023/24.
- Get support for up to 4 years and receive up to £24,000
- Study and subject at any UK University
- Do an 8-week placement every summer
- Work with big names in tech
- Develop new skills and confidence
- Explore different career opportunities
- Kickstart your future in a fast-growing industry
- Join a diverse community of tech and non-tech experts
- Build your network
- Help protect our way of life
Is it right for you?
- You're naturally curious and keen to learn
- You're good at solving problems and seeing patterns
- You don't have to be into coding or computer science
- The bursary is open to everyone - no matter your financial situation
- You're applying for university to start in Sept 2024. Or you'll have at least 2 full years of study remaining (excluding industry year) from Sept 2024.
- You've achieved or are predicted to achieve BBB at A Level (or equivalent to 120 UCAS points) in any subject
- You're a British Citizen
How to register your interest
- For the Bursary, females may register their interest on this webpage: https://www.gchq-careers.co.uk/cyberfirst/university-bursary.html
- The CyberFirst Bursary is now open for registration until 20th November 2023.